Hamlin Robinson School, located in the North Beacon Hill neighborhood of Seattle, Washington, is an independent, non-profit, accredited, state-approved, elementary and middle day school offering a comprehensive educational program to serve students with dyslexia and other language related difficulties. The Hamlin Robinson School core philosophy is that all children can reach their full potential given appropriate teaching methods and atmosphere.
Position: Academic Aide
Reports to: Head of School and Assistant Head of School
Job Classification: Full time non-exempt position with summer employment available
The Academic Aide assists faculty, staff and students with classroom and clerical needs.These tasks are focused to support, and enhance the educational mission, of the School.
- Provide classroom support to teachers and staff (reinforcing lesson plans, grading papers, creating instructional materials, other administrative tasks as assigned)
- Supervise students during recess, lunch periods, assemblies, field trips, bus loading and other school activities
- Work with students in classrooms, individually or in small groups
- Substitute/assist during teacher absences
- Assist with clerical/administrative tasks when needed
- Attend and participate in school events
- Prepare rooms/assembly areas for special projects, activities and events
- Staff the After School program
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds and pass a criminal background check.
Have a Bachelor’s Degree, experience working with children, knowledge about child development, and possess strong conflict resolution skills. The candidate should be flexible, take initiative, be willing to learn, and able to work both collaboratively and independently. Additionally, it is important to appreciate and enjoy working with students who have learning differences.
- Maintains current knowledge of techniques and best practices in education and take advantage of other professional development opportunities
- Provides the unique support, attitude, and environment necessary for student success
- Maintains a positive attitude and connects well with students and families in the midst of challenges and learning obstacles
- Commits to innovation, excellence, and dedication in implementing instructional programs and learning activities unique to each student
- Believes in each student’s ability and potential to learn and succeed
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to meet the ongoing needs of the school.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Joan Beauregard, Head of School
Hamlin Robinson School
E-mail: email@example.com with “Academic Aide” in the subject line.
Hamlin Robinson School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hamlin Robinson School ignites the academic and creative potential of students with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences.
The world class educational program at Hamlin Robinson School is a catalyst for students to discover the joy of learning within a rich, comprehensive school experience.
Respect: We show appreciation and acceptance for ourselves, our community, and our learning.
Responsibility: We show integrity and accountability for our choices.
Purpose: We show dedication and resolve through our actions.
Perseverance: We show commitment and resilience in all our endeavors.