Resident Teacher Program
The HRS Resident Teacher Program is a year-long, mentored teaching experience for beginning educators. Resident teachers not only learn by direct classroom experience, they provide a way for HRS to give back to the community. Our Resident Teachers learn valuable skills to take with them into other educational settings.
Resident Teachers are an integral part of their students' daily lives and the HRS community. Through immersion in the HRS program, Resident Teachers gain understanding of the learning styles of students struggling with the acquisition of language-based skills such as reading, writing, and math.
Resident Teacher Program components include:
- In-classroom teaching experience
- Training in research-based multi-sensory teaching approaches
- Mentoring from highly-skilled, experienced teachers
- Professional development opportunities
- Regular Resident Teacher meetings for support, encouragement, and review of teaching theory and practice