Tuition + Tuition Assistance
Hamlin Robinson School is committed to making its program accessible to families who find it difficult to pay 100% of tuition. To help manage the cost, Hamlin Robinson School has a financial assistance program that offers funds to qualifying families. Last year, HRS extended financial assistance to over 24% of its student body. HRS financial assistance awards range from approximately 10% up to 95% of tuition.
Families can anticipate an annual tuition increase, which supports faculty compensation, curricular enhancements, and facility improvements. The HRS finance committee works diligently to steward financial resources prudently. An annual audit of tuition and fees, which includes a current market survey of other similar programs and independent schools in the Seattle area, helps guide the committee.
Tuition assistance is awarded based on demonstrated financial need. Tuition assistance is made in the form of a grant applied as an actual reduction in the cost of tuition. It does not need to be repaid. Admission decisions are made independently of tuition assistance decisions.
DATES AND DEADLINES
For the 2023-2024 school year, new tuition assistance applications are reviewed on a funds available basis.
For the 2024-2025 school year:
- Tuition assistance applications (for those who wish to apply) are due for current HRS families on January 19, 2024.
- Tuition assistance applications (for those who wish to apply) are due for new applicant families on February 1, 2024. Applications are welcome after this deadline, however awards will be made on a funds available basis.
- What is need-based tuition assistance and how are awards determined?
- Who is eligible to apply for tuition assistance and what is the range of tuition assistance awards given?
- Is a new application for tuition assistance required every year?
- When are tuition assistance grants awarded?
- How does HRS handle divorced or separated parents and who fills out the tuition assistance application?