Orton-Gillingham training is facilitated by the Institute for Multisensory Education, which is an independent organization and is not an entity of Hamlin Robinson School or the HRS Learning Center. This hands-on, personalized training on the Institute for Multisensory Education’s enhanced Orton-Gillingham method is designed to equip teachers with techniques and strategies to assess student needs, teach foundational and higher-level reading and writing skills, as well as provide tools to implement the program into an existing curriculum.
Teachers will learn:
- The 3-part drill (visual, auditory, kinesthetic)
- Syllabication patterns for decoding and encoding
- Guidelines for weekly lesson plans
- Reciprocal Teaching Method
- Multisensory techniques for sight words