Thursday Thoughts is a weekly communication for current families. It includes relevant and important school news, upcoming event information, community updates, and much more. Stay up-to-date on all things HRS by reading Thursday Thoughts each week.
The HRS Equity task force began meeting this past winter and has identified one of the first steps for our school community to participate in the NAIS Assessment of Inclusivity and Multiculturalism (AIM). Current parents, current faculty and staff, and current board members are highly encouraged to participate in this important and essential survey. The survey will be open through Friday, May 28.
The survey will take about 15-20 minutes to complete, is designed and tested by the NAIS, and administered by their organization to ensure security, anonymity, and confidentiality of the information each respondent shares.
- The survey can be completed on a laptop, desktop, tablet or smartphone device. It is best suited to Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari browsers.
- You must complete all of the required questions in order to advance through the evaluation. Required questions are marked with a red asterisk.
- As you move from page to page in the evaluation, please use the Back and Next buttons at the bottom of each survey page.
- The system will record your response as you advance through the questions. You can leave the survey at any time and return later to resume your response. Simply click Save and Resume Later. The system will generate a URL for you to use in returning to the point where you left off and continuing your entry. You can choose to copy that URL and save it, or to have the system e-mail the URL to you.
A summary of responses will be provided to the school from NAIS and will be used by the school and the Equity task force to determine next steps in strategic planning and in follow-up training and programming.
Click here to access the survey.
Thank you for taking the time to partner with us in this important work!
We’re excited to announce the last day of school, Wednesday, June 16, will be an in-person half day. Dismissal, pick-up, and busses will run on our half-day schedule.
Lower School dismissal: 12:00pm
Middle School dismissal: 12:30pm
Students will participate in fun Field Day activities and end-of-year wrap-up in their classroom.
Reading can help to shape the way we understand the world, other members of our community, and ourselves. In honor of Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, visit the Library in the Student Life section of our website for book recommendations that celebrate the traditions, cultures, and stories of their characters and authors.
The HRS Summer Slingerland Program will run from Wednesday, July 7 - Friday, July 30. The $950 registration fee includes the entire 18 days. Register today on the Parent Portal.
Morning Slingerland camps are offered for all grades entering 1-8 from 9am - noon, and there are limited afternoon Slingerland camps for select grades from 1pm - 4pm. During this 3.5 week class, students will learn and practice oral language skills, penmanship, sound-symbol correspondence, spelling, written expression, decoding, and reading comprehension strategies. Due to the nature of our safety protocols, we will only be offering half-day options this year. Full day camps will not be available. Additional details can be found on the Summer Slingerland Program webpage.
Middle School Dance
Middle School Student Council is excited to host a Throwback Disco on Friday, May 7 at 4:30pm - 5:30pm! This virtual dance is for all Middle School students. Come dressed from the style of your favorite decade for our fashion show and win prizes!
More details can be found on the student portal and parent portal. We can't wait to see you there!
HRS 2021 Arts Fest!
Introducing Hamlin Con 2021: A multi-day Arts Fest! May 11 - May 13 Join us as we celebrate the super artists of HRS!
Day 1: Tuesday, May 11
- Introduction to ArtsFest
- Tech Showcase
Day 2: Wednesday, May 12
- Drama Showcase
- Media Showcase
- Art Showcase
Day 3: Thursday, May 13
- Music Showcase
- Library Showcase
- Cosplay Contest - Students are invited to wear their favorite cosplay costumes to school and during the virtual event! Students may not wear any items covering their face, including face paint. Please do not bring any additional props or related items to school.
LS Student Council Food Drive
The Lower School Student Council will be sponsoring a Food Drive to support Rainier Valley Food Bank during the week of May 17 - 21. Please begin to save dry or canned goods. Reach out to Mary Cook, MCook@HamlinRobinson.org, with any questions.
HRS Alumni Day!
While many things are different this year, we're not missing the chance to celebrate another great year and reconnect with HRS alumni! If you graduated from HRS between 2017 and 2020, join us for a virtual Alumni Day on May 26 at 3pm. Chat with friends and other alumni, catch up with teachers, and bring your competitive spirit for a game of bingo! Register here to take advantage of all the fun – and for a special alumni gift right to your door!
THANK YOU to everyone who made a gift during our inaugural Day of Giving campaign! We raised just over $24,000 in one day. Proceeds will support the Joan Beauregard Endowment for Discovery and Enrichment.