In partnership with our bus service provider, First Student, HRS is providing bus transportation for families beginning in January, 2021. Bus service is highly modified and follows strict health and safety guidelines.
- Families will be required to complete the Ruvna screening prior to their student boarding the bus in the morning
- Buses will operate at reduced capacity
- Students will be assigned seats and will sit one-to-a-seat
- Signs and/or stickers will be used to help students maintain distance during trips
- The driver and all bus riders will wear face coverings at all times
- Whenever possible, buses will be loaded from back to front and unloaded front to back to prioritize distancing
- Buses will be disinfected regularly
- High contact surfaces will be wiped down daily
As needed, other protective measures will be implemented based on CDC, Public Health, and OSPI guidelines.
For more information about First Student’s safety protocols, review this safety overview. Routes, cost, and registration information can be found on the Parent Portal.