Hamlin Robinson School offers a wide-variety of unique summer programs, for students and teachers.
This summer, we will be hosting a limited Slingerland® Program beginning on Wednesday July 7 - Friday July, 30. We anticipate this will be an in-person offering.
We believe all students are happiest when they feel successful. Students enjoy the Slingerland® program because they understand the instruction and gain confidence in their ability to learn. We regularly see the pride in their successes.
During this 3.5-week class, students learn and practice oral language skills, penmanship, sound-symbol correspondence, spelling, written expression, decoding, and reading comprehension strategies.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THE SUMMER SLINGERLAND® PROGRAM?
- Students possessing average to superior intelligence, but are not achieving in the language skills such as reading, spelling, penmanship, oral and/or written expression.
- Students with language-based learning differences
- Students who have a pattern of language difficulties in their family
- Students showing weakness in the auditory and/or visual modalities, which interfere with understanding and using language
- Students with kinesthetic motor modality weakness that interferes with recall of the sequence of movement involved in spoken language or in letter formation for penmanship